Saturday, March 18, 2017

Ah, To Live Without Pesky Reality Part Five

Marching onward into the madness:


 My mother was going to move to Tennessee, I had a rental house she could move into for free, and I was going to pay her for babysitting my son if needed. This poor excuse for a human being found out and immediately decided to adopt a child from China so my mom would have to raise it, and she did. They went so deep into debt adopting her daughter that she lost her home. Now that her daughter is old enough to stay home alone, she doesn’t need our mother anymore. Yet she is still trying to control her and keep her from contacting me. She took my mothers little phone book so she didn’t have my number, after 3 weeks of not hearing from her, I contacted family. They got me in contact with her and now even that has stopped. It has been 4 weeks since I have heard from her and I always talked to my mother at least once a week.


This whole first line is a lie.  She was not at that time living in TN,  she and her family were living in my basement or living in nasty trailers.  I first started the process in 1998, and at that time, she might have been living in TN, but it would have been with her first husband.  Her second husband was living in a camp at the top of a mountain.  She did not "have a rental house" until her second husband's brother killed himself and his wife -- well after I had brought my daughter home --  and he inherited a nasty plot of land with shacks spread all over.


*Deep breath*  Let's look this over.  I went down to TN some months before I got my referral, to bring the Psycho's daughter up to try to help her.  At that time, they lived in a two-story dump.  "Outbuildings" littered the property.  I guess she might have called one or two of them "rental houses."  That's her story, and she's sticking to it.  The point is, I was already nearly three years into the adoption process.  This property was in contention between the two brothers for years, and ended up "hers" only after the deaths of her in-laws.


Almost immediately, she and her husband and small son followed.  They abandoned their property and all its "houses" without a backward glance.   I think they were actually chased out by his brother.  They moved into my house because Mom felt sorry for them and begged me to allow it.  As I've said before, they had to go before the final home eval, because they could not pass any criminal background check.  They moved into a nasty trailer right in our town, NOT in TN.  They had won some money in a lawsuit against a drug dealer who'd beaten up her second husband.  Wonder if they saw any of it?  The true reason I got behind on bills was because I was supporting the entire family by myself.


The "rental house" idea only came after Mom was in the nursing home.  She really intended to stick a woman with fractures, impaired mobility, and dementia "in her own li'l house" and take her pension money.  And Mom would become that funny smell out back.


The whole contact thing is more than delusional.  Mom was seriously confused before her fall, and that only increased after the fall.  Mom's phone book was buried in her piles of things around her recliner, and it took me some time to find it. 


And...Psycho ignored the many messages from our sister about Mom and her placement.  There was no excuse for that, none at all.  Except that she's a selfish bitch who wanted nothing to do with Mom at that time.


She did not have weekly contact with Mom before her injury.  They spoke perhaps twice a month.  Most of the conversation, according to Mom, was Psycho chronicling the latest degenerate activities of Psycho's daughter (the one I tried to help, and that didn't go very well).  I'll make it clear that I didn't  want to hear anything about Psycho or her brood.  It often caused me to raise my voice to Mom, yes, to stop her from telling me about the depravities and criminal activities.


After Mom's injury and placement, most of the conversation was Psycho screaming about me abusing Mom, according to those in the vicinity during the conversations.  This habit continues to this day, and Mom, while having easy access to a phone and ability to call Psycho any time, has chosen not to speak to Psycho since her call to her on her birthday, which I had to encourage Mom to make.  Mom does not want to talk to her much anymore.


I guess even Mom has her limits.


This crap wouldn't fly in a novel, because novels have to make sense.  Reality doesn't.  Of course, there is very little reality in Psycho's world.


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment